As I reflect on my internship this semester, I only have positive thoughts, and inspirational ideas for future endevours. I am so grateful for the things that I have learned, and the ways that I have been able to serve not only my mentor, but the students at McCarter, as well as my own children. I have learned so much about how important it is to treat each child respectfully. I have also learned the importance of strict adhearance to discipline. When the students know what to expect from the teacher, they try to get away with less, and that allows for more teaching time.
I loved seeing the interaction between the faculty. McCarter gave me a great reference to how close a faculty can be, and how when a faculty works as one, and helps each other, the whole school succeeds. At McCarter, the teachers help the music/art/PE teacher, the administration help the teachers, and the teachers help the Para's. Even though this school is in a struggling school district, there are obvious reasons for the achievement that they have seen, and continue to see.
I have loved my interniship, and I am actually sad that it is almost over. I will probably go back next semester to see if I can help out!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you are still planning on helping out at the school. I am sure that someday you will make an excellent music teacher!
Post a Comment